The Afghan Australian Development Organisation (AADO) provides education and vocational training in Afghanistan for those with minimal opportunities, particularly women and girls, to develop professional skills thereby fostering sustainable livelihoods.
AADO has a proven track record of high outcome, low cost programs delivered by local project staff who have deep community networks and trusted relationships.
AADO respects Afghan culture and traditions, prides itself on minimising overhead costs and distributing close to 100% of its financial resources directly to development projects. We employ a small local project management team and field staff, and create formal and non-formal educational opportunities for disadvantaged Afghans.
In the last ten years, AADO has implemented numerous projects in Kabul, Herat and Parwan provinces, providing vocational training, basic literacy, in-service teacher training and resources for educational institutions. It has also installed wells and sanitation facilities. AADO helps to empower Afghans by providing opportunities to access education and training, advance sustainable livelihoods, improve health and build stronger communities. AADO also works with women and girls, particularly in rural communities, to improve their access to education, health care and employment, to help overcome discrimination and protect their human rights.
- Why the United States Should Work With India to Stabilize Afghanistan http://t.co/CLvhh8haPH 4 hours ago
- http://t.co/Tvz2heOzhN... http://t.co/lwI3dXExmJ 5 days ago
- Afghanistan: US watchdog criticises aid scheme for women's rights http://t.co/NfniFhb2Cj 2 weeks ago
- http://t.co/3DpsQOLha4 http://t.co/q4Z45WfWwX 2 weeks ago
- http://t.co/UpH64k2gco http://t.co/5sz4H7IxIw 3 weeks ago
- http://t.co/mpj59qQdnV http://t.co/OWlzdirY7e 3 weeks ago
- Brave women in Afghanistan - determined and moving forward. http://t.co/9CsN1Ei70e 4 weeks ago
- @HelgaSvendsen Over 120 tickets solds 5 weeks ago
- @HelgaSvendsen Thanks for being here Helga! I'll check and get back to you. 5 weeks ago
- @NicReiss @DiasporaAction See you soon! 5 weeks ago
- We still have a few tickets left for our Nawroz celebration at Brunswick Town Hall on Friday night. To purchase,... http://t.co/ClscFIW5Zt 5 weeks ago
- RT @Heelai_Noor: From @gotravelyourway's "What is life like on the streets of #Kabul" -http://t.co/QenW9ezMFF with @jimhuylebroek #AFG http… 5 weeks ago