Fundraising for AADO is a rewarding way to make a valuable contribution to our educational programs in Afghanistan. Through organising your activity or event, you are not only raising money to support AADO’s work, you are also raising awareness about the plight of Afghans and how we can all help.
The possibilities are endless. Gather your community group, school, workplace, social club, family, friends and colleagues to be involved in a fun and rewarding experience… Below are just a few ideas of events that past volunteers and groups have successfully organised:
- Host a dinner, barbeque, drinks or afternoon tea. Invite your friends around for a dinner party, barbeque, drinks or afternoon tea with a special difference. Whether it be through games, activities, or a donation bowl at the front door, entertain your friends and invite them to contribute towards AADO and its projects!
- Movie Night. Most cinemas offer group discount rates, where you can then charge premium ticket prices, especially if you include coffee, tea and nibbles! Contact your local cinema and ask for a quote on group tickets. Make sure that you tell them that it is a fundraising event, as they may be willing to lower the prices.
- Online Fundraising. Set up an online fundraising page and invite your friends and networks to donate. Get in touch with us for ideas of fundraising goals, which can be as little as $130 or as much as $9,000.
- Trivia Night. A great way to have some fun and friendly competition and raise money at the same time!
- Silent Auction. Ask your friends, family, neighbours – as well as local shops, businesses and restaurants to donate something for a silent auction. People can donate services as well – like babysitting and pet walking.
- Students. Why not nominate AADO as your school’s charity? You could organise an event such as a casual dress day, raffle, fun run, sponsored walk or cake stall.
- Community Garage Sale. Encourage people to clean out their closets for a good cause.
- At Your Workplace organise a gold coin donation morning tea, casual dress day, workplace giving program, sponsored fun run or raffle…
- Use Your Imagination to uncover the other fun and different ways to raise funds…. Karaoke Nights, Fashion Show, Cultural Event or even a Gourmet Dinner Party at your house for friends and family.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a fundraiser pack, information, tips and advice.
An event organised by a volunteer, community group or company that is not an official AADO activity is considered to be a third-party event. Acting independently and with AADO’s approval, third-party events are an important resource for raising funds to help us carry out our vital work.